Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I have not forgotten my blog.

When I started my blog up again, I told myself that I was going to blog everyday. That, however, is just not possible. First, I don't always have something to say each and everyday. That may be hard to believe for those people who know me, but it is true. And some days are simply more uneventful than others. Second, real life has a funny way of getting in the way of things that I consider to be "fun." It just so happens that this week is "progress report" week at school. I have been spending my free time at home getting my reports ready to mail out to parents. I am happy to report that I am done, and they will be mailed tomorrow.

The good news is that I did get my scrappy package in the mail yesterday. I have a sketch all ready to go, and I can't wait to get scrapping. A little side note here for those of you who scrap. Before I actually create a paper layout, I create a digital version. I know it sounds like twice the work, but it really is not. What it does for me is it gives me the chance to "perfect" my layout before I even touch a scrapping supply. I can see where I want things to go, move them around as needed, try different embellishments, test different fonts, and experiment with colors, etc. By the time I pull out the patterned paper and print the pics, I am more than half done. The rest is cake.

So, even though I have not even touched an adhesive, I am actually half done with a layout. I think I might actually have a chance to scrap tomorrow...now that is what I call fun!

1 comment:

  1. so what did ya get in the mail friend? inquiring minds....

    ReplyDelete