Sunday, March 16, 2008

Good Weekend

Yes, we had a very nice weekend. Saturday, I spent the day with Ryan. We went shopping, played video games, and visited my parents. It was nice and relaxing. Today, I was able to get some scrapping in. Like I said before, I usually start my layouts by creating a sketch and an actual layout from that sketch in PSE. Sometimes, though, I don't feel the mojo, so I turn to the tried and true sketches of my super creative friend, Becky Fleck. As many of you may know, she creates the most beautiful sketches for her site PageMaps. If you have not been there, you really should check it out. Not to mention her soon-to-be-released book, Scrapbook PageMaps:Sketches for Creative Layouts, which will be a big hit! So, I chose one of her latest sketches to work with today:



And here is what I came up with:

A few pictures of my boy from the last day of summer vacation. Isn't he a doll? And some of my new Fancy Pants goodies. I love their new "About A Boy" Collection and, of course, some of that felt I got the other day!

Speaking of Fancy Pants, I was thrilled to have won a contest on their blog. I entered my layout from this post and won! WOOT WOOT! You can check all the awesome winners out on the Fancy Pants blog. How exciting!

So, that was my weekend in a nutshell. Pretty good, I'd say! How was yours?




1 comment:

  1. I love your layout! you are sooo creative, your little boy (no so Little anymore) is adorable! Congratulations on the contest, however, I am not suprised you won :0)

    ReplyDelete