Sunday, January 18, 2009

A favorite layout

I'm not sure if everyone feels this way, but my favorite layout is usually the one that I created most recently. When I create a page, I like to keep it out in my scraproom, so I could look at it and enjoy it. Now, that does not mean that I like every page that I make. I am sure a lot of you can relate to the fact that I don't always like the way some pages turn out. For one reason or another, they just do not turn out how I envisioned they would in my head. Usually, I just tuck those pages quickly away in my album and move on. After all, not everything turns out the way we plan.

I made this layout this past summer, maybe in July. I loved it when I was done and just could not stop looking at it. The good thing was that it was picked up by Creating Keepsakes for publication. The bad thing was that I had to mail it off to them right after I finished it, and I couldn't stare at it anymore....LOL! When I received it back in the mail, it was like love at first sight all over again. Of course, I saw it in the magazine, and I have a scanned image of it on my computer....but there is nothing like the real thing. Honestly, it's just one of those pages that you appreciate the most in person. I love the dimension created by the chipboard border and the fabric pleat. I love the flowers with the wire on them. I was just really happy with this then, and I still love it now.

So, what's your most favorite layout? Is it your most recent one? Or an oldie, but goodie? Feel free to share links with me in the comments. I love admiring other people's creations! Have a super day!

BTW....this page appeared in the November 2008 issue of Creating Keepsakes in the Hot Spot column. If you have that issue, you can check out the other beautiful pages in the column.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Denine!
    Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that layout in the mag! It's gorgeous! I always think they look so much better IRL too - wish I could come and peruse your albums. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie! I just adore that layout too and loved it as soon as I saw it in the mag. My favorite layout right now is one that was recently in the February issue MM. For me, part of the love was the photos. I managed to catch the great affection my girls have for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that layout so much, so sweet! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if I have one Fav...I'll have to think about it and put it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout too...I'm definitely like that too, usually my most recent is my favorite. My favorite right now is the one that I just created about a week ago of my baby boy. He's my third baby, but first boy so I'm having lots of fun using all those boy pp. You can see it on my blog
    http://sarahmmullanix.blogspot.com
    title: Little Man

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutley beautiful - i remember seeing it and thinking how amazing it was!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love the color of her hair and a great layout!

    ReplyDelete