Friday, December 05, 2008

So excited & a layout!

It was a rough week in school getting back into the swing of things after the Thanksgiving break. The students were NOT ready to be back which made for a difficult teaching environment. They did eventually settle down by Thursday, so I guess all turned out okay. After a particularly hard day on Wednesday, I came home to toss myself on the couch. I had a terrible headache and needed a rest. The light on the answering machine was blinking, but I figured I would check it later since it was probably someone responding to Ryan's birthday party invitation. Well, I forgot about that light, and it was not until much later that I actually remembered that it had even been blinking.

To my surprise, it wasn't a party response after all! It was a girl from BHG Scrapbooks Etc. calling to publish 2 projects of mine in their magazine! I was so stinkin' excited! I have been having a really tough time getting pubbed by BHG. I have been feeling a bit like they weren't liking my style too much, so this was a really pleasant surprise! So keep your eyes out for their May/June issue because yours truly will be in there...twice!

Speaking of not getting published, I thought I would share a layout with you that wasn't picked up. This one was so much fun to create because I had a chance to dig out my old, old college pictures for it.

Yes, that is me and my college roommate back in 1989! It felt so good to scrap something other than Ryan or kids. Not that I don't love him, but I never get to scrap ME! So, this was a blast. I kept those old stacks of pictures out because I hope to scrap more of them...maybe I'll get them all scrapped before Ryan graduates college!

Well, thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend!

10 comments:

  1. congrats on the pub!!! that's awesome! i can't wait to see your projects (i'm going to be in that issue too!)!

    love the layout - the circles are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyy, congrats on your BHG pub. I have had that same problem with them. I do have one in this month's issue though. :D :D :D Yes that is a triple smile. LOL I love your layout! Look at how cute you were in college!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout. I feel your pain with BHG, still waiting/hoping! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the BHG pub!! It must feel great after waiting so long. Every once in a while I try but it never happens...

    Great LO--think it's never to late to scrap older pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! That is so awesome! I can't believe you got an actual phone call. So cool! Huge congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congratulations on your upcoming publications! That certainly would have made my day too! I've heard that getting published in Scrapbooks, Etc. I like your college page too...great design and fun 80's photos! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoo, big congrats Denine!! I love SBE - can't wait to see both your creations!! Love your layout, too - good for you for scrapping some older photos of YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the pub x2.. how could they not love your style. :) What a fun lo.. I bet the journaling is neat as well. Hope you get some R&R afer a tough week! :0)

    ReplyDelete